Jackie Cameron: Freelance writer and editor
An award-winning journalist, Jackie Cameron creates editorial campaigns and produces content for investment-focused websites, B2B publications and lifestyle-oriented client and consumer media titles.
She has broadcast journalism experience, as a radio reporter and as a member of a business television show production team, and has worked as a marketing communications professional for UK universities.
Jackie writes blogs on behalf of a diverse range of clients – from independent financial advisers to corporate bank vice-presidents – and produces opinion pieces on news as it breaks for a global business website. She has social media expertise.
Harnessing her journalism skills for content marketing, Jackie has developed Tone of Voice guidelines, content marketing playbooks and marketing collateral for asset management companies, wealth managers, corporate banks, treasuries and professional services firms.
Jackie designs and delivers in-house digital content workshops for marketing teams.
Subject specialisms include: financial services; personal finance; business; global trade; investments; asset management; property; education; science; the economy; and, thought leadership pieces.
Based in the UK, Jackie works for small business and corporate clients in Edinburgh, London, Melbourne, New York, Dubai, Singapore, Shanghai, Johannesburg and Cape Town – remotely and on-site.
See some samples of Jackie Cameron’s work. Portfolio of content marketing case studies and premium content available on request.
“Creativity is a renewable resource. Challenge yourself every day. Be as creative as you like, as often as you want, because you can never run out. Experience and curiosity drive us to make unexpected, offbeat connections. It is these nonlinear steps that often lead to the greatest work.”
― Biz Stone, Things a Little Bird Told Me: Confessions of the Creative Mind
Some career highlights
* Entered the field of journalism as a crime reporter and worked in several beats, including health and justice, for a number of titles in the Independent News & Media Plc group. Studied accounting (part-time) in order to pursue a career in financial journalism.
* Founding assistant editor of Personal Finance magazine before joining South Africa’s premier independent financial news service provider, Johannesburg-listed Moneyweb, in 2000.
* Launched and edited the country’s fastest-growing website (property B2B) before relocating to China to take up an exciting opportunity as a communications officer for a UK multinational university.
* Author of two books (‘Banking’ and ‘Property’, Pearson Education SA) and co-author of Meet the CEOs, a Penguin book profiling business leaders. Editor of several contract magazine titles, including Property Times and Sold!
* As a content marketing specialist, Jackie Cameron has conceptualised and produced engaging content for asset management firms, multinational banks and professional services firms with operations in the UK, the US and Asia.
Jackie can help you get more value out of your existing content and identify unique and compelling conversations you can have with your clients. To discuss content campaigns, editorial calendars and content assets for your website, newsletter or communications projects, send Jackie Cameron an email (email@example.com). You can connect with her on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter (@JackieCameronUK).
About Jackie Cameron’s blog: This is where she posts some of her best writing and shares behind-the-scenes stories about her life and her subjects.